The study conducted by The Will Erwin Headache Research Center is aimed at studying patients with cluster headaches and other diseases, such as trigeminal neuralgia, hemicrania continua, paroxysmal hemicrania, and others. Through the study, investigators can match patients to interventional clinical trials. The study measures based on the HIT-6, Morningness-Eveningness, and GAD-7 scales.
The study has an experimental group of patients who have a history of Cluster Headaches, Trigeminal Neuralgia, or other TACs. The study also has a healthy volunteer control group who can be family members who are enrolled for identification of genetic mutations. The study consists of detailed evaluations and classification for each subject over the course of typically 5 years. The study is aimed to be completed by December 2035.
- Ages 18+
- Diagnosis of a trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia according to the International Headache Classification including episodic cluster headache, chronic cluster headache, episodic paroxysmal hemicrania, chronic paroxysmal hemicrania, episodic short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and tearing (SUNCT), chronic SUNCT, episodic short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with cranial autonomic symptoms (SUNA), chronic SUNA, and hemicrania continua. OR Diagnosis of a trigeminal neuralgia according to the International Headache Classification, including classical trigeminal neuralgia and symptomatic trigeminal neuralgia.
- Able to provide HIPAA authorization to share prior medical records/imaging.
- Life expectancy less than 1 year, co-existing disease or other characteristic that precludes appropriate diagnosis of a trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia or trigeminal neuralgia.
- Active drug or alcohol use or dependence that, in the opinion of the site investigator, would interfere with adherence to study requirements
- Inability or unwillingness of subject or legal guardian/representative to give informed consent.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Houston, Texas, United States, 77030
The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston
Contact: Elena Viverette, RN (713) 704-6900
Contact/Principal Investigator: Mark J Burish, MD, PhD (713) 704-6900
Clinical TrialsView All Clinical Trials
Feasibility Study of ExAblate Thalamotomy for Treatment of Chronic Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain
The Feasibility Study of ExAblate Thalamotomy for Treatment of Chronic…
(Botox) Mechanisms of Action in Altering the Molecular Environment in Which Pain Fibers Exist
The (Botox) Mechanisms of Action in Altering the Molecular Environment in…
Neurophysiologic Signatures of Trigeminal Neuralgia Pain
The Neurophysiologic Signatures of Trigeminal Neuralgia Pain study is aimed…
Trial for Treatment Refractory Trigeminal Neuralgia
The Trial for Treatment Refractory Trigeminal Neuralgia studies the efficacy of the drug BHV3000 for patients with…